|This job offer is closed|
|Function type:||Freelance - Vast||Location:||Sint-Niklaas|
The Senior Systems Engineer is an IT professional who will be responsible for infrastructure related work.
The Senior Systems Engineer must possess a suite of hand-on technical skills, and demonstrate the ability
to handle a number of infrastructure projects in parallel
• Collaborates & communicates in a team-oriented manner with the IT team and the business at large.
• Supports virtual server and desktop platforms, enterprise networks, SAN’s, clusters, client environments, and systems management frameworks.
• Manages distributed high-transaction systems, and service level agreements to time and budget.
• Implements client and server architecture to include hardware platforms, client applications, server services, operating systems, storage networks,
and network equipment as it applies to enterprise infrastructure. Focus on quality delivery without impact to business users.
• Document, develop, and share an in-depth knowledge of new and existing IT architecture, data infrastructure, and the overall technology portfolio in play.
• Tests and deploys new/upgraded hardware, OS, network, and infrastructure applications, integrating with existing system configurations.
• Analyzes current enterprise and makes recommendations for capacity planning, performance tuning and design issues.
• Develop and execute test plans to check and maintain/monitor application, data and infrastructure and applications & systems technical performance.
• Provides 2nd/3rd tier support for server design, infrastructure, and associated IT services for the company.
• Provides occasional first line support in case of backup.
• BA or BS degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience.
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory with 5 or more years of work experience
• Detailed knowledge in client and server architecture with 5 or more years of work experience in a multi-site company
• Detailed knowledge of VMWare enterprise software architectures with 5 or more years of work experience
• Experience managing infrastructure hardware, both client and server
• Knowledge of scripting technologies is helpful (e.g. MS Powershell)
• Knowledge of Microsoft tools like SCCM and WSUS is an asset
• Cisco networking and VOIP technologies experience is a strong plus.
• Ability to work independently without excessive direction from management
• Proven experience infrastructure planning and development.
• Excellent technical support documentation skills.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong time management skills.
• Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Certifications and/or relevant experience in architecture development, service management, networking, and Virtualization/Cloud Computing.