|Soort functie:||Vaste medewerker||Locatie:||Brussel|
Backbone (MPLS) global management including monitoring aspects, change management, design & evolution of the network. Act as a key player in the environment of our client.
- Ensures up-to-date technical documents & enlarge the knowledge database.
- Responsible for designing computer networks, including local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) mainly on Cisco and HP material. Creates, tests, and evaluates those networks.
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Focus on security.
- Configures equipments and maintains them.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
- Writes functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
- Works closely with product managers and other teams in order to enforce our client’s strategic plan.
- Analyzes business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework as well for our client itself than for customers.
Manage technology vendors.
- Works directly with vendors in lab environment.
- Challenges and assess vendor proposals and development/test strategies.
- Develop technology roadmaps.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving the telecom/services provider market.
- Proposes an evolution strategy for network and services
Level 3 support the NOC team (4 members) for all complex projects, installations & issues for the client's network and our client's customers.
- Involves the NOC team with delegated projects/tasks.
- Focus on knowledge sharing with the team.
- Leads internal workshops in order to improve NOC members skills.
- Strong fundamental "core" networking skills, including routing, switching and network security.
- Strong experience with the following technologies/protocols: TCP/IP, IP addressing, Routing Protocols, QOS/COS, Cisco routes/switches, VLAN, MPLS, ACI, DWDM, BGP, GPON, wireless controllers and access points, Fortinet Firewalls, Remote Access/VPN, VoIP, SIP, Voice Gateways, DNS, DHCP.
- Knowledge of IT Architecture.
- Fluent French (essential) and Dutch speaker + English.
- Team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer minded.
- Autonomous worker.
- Enjoys sharing knowledge.
- Flexible: very able to adapt in a fast-changing environment.
- Out-of-the-box thinker.
- Able to take initiative and drive change.
- Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change.
Education & experiences
- Bachelor’s in computer science or Engineering (or equivalent).
- 10+ years IT Infrastructure experience managing, securing, operating and supporting Networking services with a strong focus on IP networking technologies supporting voice, video and data networks.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE certifications and other relevant technical certifications.
- Advanced trouble shooting and problem resolution skills with complex networks.
- Self-management working environment.
- Office hours from 8.00 to 18.00 (early/late shifts ensured by NOC Team).
- Availability: provides weekend or night support if case of emergency (high impact on business).
- Location: center of Brussels