|Soort functie:||Freelancer en vaste medewerker||Locatie:||Diegem|
Our client is looking for a Senior System Engineer to join their team!
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting the equipment in the infrastructure (mainly Microsoft Windows based with some Linux), from design through implementation and support. He/she performs a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrade activities. The Senior Systems Engineer provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure as part of the support role. Our client has two main in house data center locations and distributed local server and network infrastructure in several locations (Brussel, Diegem, Leuven, Hasselt, Antwerp, Liège, Drongen), all connected via WAN.
•Manage the infrastructure, including switches, routing, firewalls, proxies and servers
•Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together
•Maintain system efficiency, availability and performance
•Perform server hardware and software upgrades or replacements as part of the hardware and renewal plan
•Manage PC deployment for new hardware, create images and software package (SSCM)
•Troubleshoot and resolve problems/incidents (reported by Service Level 1 or identified at Service Level 2)
•Respect IT ticket SLA’s
•Part of on-call support after hours, in rotation scheme
•Document internal procedures
•The ideal candidate will also be able to function as a Team Lead of the infrastructure & network team, reporting to the Support Services Manager.
Technical skills & experience:
- Several years hands-on experience in managing and supporting large windows servers environments (Windows 2008 , 2012 , 2016)
- Good knowledge of Virtualization platforms : VMWARE, Hyper-V (ESX preferably)
- Experience with Azure (O365)
- Experience with Active Directory (GPO, ...)
- Experience with Windows client OS 7 & 10
- Experience on using a deployment infrastructure (SCCM)
- Experience with MS SQL server (2008 - 2017)
- Knowledge of clustering and load balancing solutions
- Knowledge of TCP/IP arch.: DNS, DHCP, IP, TCP/UDP, subnetting, routing, Vlan
- Knowledge on one or more areas: DEll-EMC SAN, NetApp
- Several years hands-on experience in managing and supporting Linux servers
- Experience in security (firewall, proxy, reverse proxy, antivirus)
- Nice to have: basic Knowledge of Cisco
- Experienced in coordinating activities across several teams.
- Able to learn much on a limited period of time, self-study oriented.
- Can easily adapt to new circumstances/technologies/procedures.
- Able to handle administrative tasks (as well as interesting technologies).
- Can handle stress.
- Have good interpersonal skills: good team player.
- Have good communication skills required to cooperate with other team members and people from other teams.
- Is solution oriented/client focused.
- Have good analytical skills/problem solving skills.
- Can distinguish the different levels of decision making related to his/her responsibilities - and tasks.
- Accurate: focus on quality rather than on speed.
- Junior leadership skills in case of Team Lead
- Language: preferably Dutch with English knowledge, French is also ok if good English knowledge
In for a challenge in a multi-site and international company?
Send your cV to firstname.lastname@example.org and take on the next step in your career!