|Soort functie:||Vaste medewerker||Locatie:||Brussel|
You will be delivering IT shared services related to application hosting, end-user services and infrastructure support to the business entities.
The Help Desk is supporting the internal users when they are facing incidents with their working environment. The service goes from resolving technical incidents directly with the user calling the Help Desk up to the creation of tickets for the other supporting teams (IT and wider), doing the follow-up of the incident resolution, while keeping the user informed of the progresses made and providing him/her with any relevant information to minimise the negative impact of the incident.
The function also includes participating to the effort of improvement of the actual Knowledge Base and the future one as well.
The main entry point is Telephone, ticketing system and mail, but future tools may include other means for the intake.
The Help Desk is a part of End User Services Team that focus on End User environment maintenance and improvement. It is working in close collaboration with the Production Monitoring team (central incident management team) for the general incidents affecting several end-users. The team is in direct contact with the entire organization, across all locations and covering a very large panel of events for which the end-users need support (incidents, questions, problems): we offer you the opportunity to develop your people management capacity in an international environment with +5.000 colleagues and to increase your technical competencies in a modern and complex technical environment.
You will join a stimulating multi-cultural team supporting all group entities, allowing you to grow your understanding of IT and end-user services across the group.
Your role will combine field work and contacts with people of all levels in the company.
You will provide technical support to the organization's internal users for IT hardware and software.
Issues can vary from simple questions to more complicated incidents.
In that context you have to :
- Answer user calls
- Register user questions in the ticketing system.
- Analyse and understand user’s questions to determine the request/incident nature and deal with it appropriately.
- Provide adequate information, advice or instructions to users within time guidelines.
- Offer creative solutions within the boundaries of the policy to address the users’ issues
- Cooperates internally to answer client questions, solve issues and document new finding in Knowledge Base.
- Escalate calls within the given time guidelines.
- Actively participate to meet the team KPIs with regards to handled call and client satisfaction.
- Document all actions precisely to create an accurate action log, ensure timely resolution of incidents and maintain the team’s knowledge base.
You are a Help Desker with preferably a previous experience, quick learner and end user focused requiring minor supervision after a short timeframe of training.
You are fluent in English and are able to communicate in the 2 national languages (NL/FR).
The following criteria describes the overall expectations of the function :
- Complexity & problem solving : Handle standard situations by relying on existing procedures and methods
- Decision making : Rely on existing processes and policies
- Strategic approach and impact : Focus on the team’s operational activities, according to defined processes and methods. Run and maintain the operational processes.
- Autonomy and leadership : Sequence of activities and priorities are planned by the job. Make an objective analysis of requests, identify issues and validate requirements.