|This job offer is closed|
|Function type:||Freelance - Vast||Location:||Brussels|
We are looking for a Data Governance Manager:
The Data Governance Manager works in an agile team and contribute to the roll-out of a corporate Data Governance into the company.
This is the list of responsibilities:
- contribute to the definition and implementation of the self-services part of the corporate governance (business glossary, data inventory, metadata management…) and support its roll-out in business and IT teams.
- contribute to the definition of the data governance processes (data discovery process, data exploration process, demand management…) and ensure their relevance towards the business.
- gather the requirements from the data communities, translate them into a Data Governance Roadmap and enrich the product backlog in a continuous improvement spirit.
- capture the needs of data workers and she/he is able to look for creative and simple solutions to meet them.
- build an end-to-end view on the data needs and is proactive in the proposition of new actions to overcome potential issues on short and long term.
- ensure the delivery of the product backlog together with the IT teams and the integration of new functionalities into the Data Management Tools (MSS, eMSS, Collibra…).
- monitor the respect of the governance, raise issues in a timely manner to propose a solution to them and measure results against the data governance objectives of efficiency, standardization, re-use and compliance.
- guide and coach others in the field of data governance and creates user guides and training to support the adoption of the tools that the team provides to the community.
- be responsible of the adoption of the data management tools under his ownership.
-be achange agent in turning the company into a data driven organization.
- work closely with IT & business teams in order to facilitate the evolution and the compliance when processing data in line with the Legal and Security constraints as well as the internal naming conventions.
- contribute to the improvement of data quality and understands how to turn governance and a key enabler towards this objective.
- be the link between the Data Governance & Quality Team and the business and be a key contributor and facilitator of the roll-out of the company-wide data governance.
She/he handles the access management to the data stored on our DataWareHouse and Big Data platforms and ensure the application of the need to know principle.
• You have a bachelor or master degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics or
~5 year relevant experience in product management, analyst (IT/BI), data science, development (IT/BI).
• You have strong analytical skills and you are able to understand the impact of data in achieving business objectives and to translate them into concrete data needs and actions.
• You have a good understanding of the main business processes and IT systems involved along the data lifecycle.
• You see direct value in compliance as a business enabling activity and are at ease with regulation (e.g. GDPR, ePrivacy) and principles (e.g. Chinese wall).
• Your oral/written communication is excellent & balanced with assertiveness & respect.
• You are constructive and pragmatic when solving problems in a customer centric way.
• You are autonomous, efficient and organized and you can respect deadlines.
• You make it happen and you are perseverant until you reach your goals.
• You are stress resistant and flexible.
• You are able to work in a collaborative and service-oriented spirit.
• You have a learning attitude and an open mind.
• You have knowledge in following technologies, languages and tools: SQL, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teradata, SQL Server, .net, C#, HDFS, Hive, Python, Git, Linux, MSY, Power BI
You are fluent in French, Dutch and English.