|This job offer is closed|
|Function type:||Freelance - Vast||Location:||Brussels|
Our client is looking for a senior project manager, expert in traditional project management and in agile methodologies. The project manager will be part of the PMO team within the Transformation Office.
Main responsibilities :
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects.
The Project manager may be responsible for managing several transversal projects.
The Project manager will be required to play a number of different roles :
• At an enterprise level, leading and managing a limited number of large, complex transversal projects
• At a project team level, playing a consultative role and act as “servant leader” to help put in place the appropriate people, lean processes, and tools and coaching members of the project team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the team
• The PM will have to manage the following tasks :
? Developing the project plans
? Managing the project stakeholders
? Managing communication
? Managing the project team
? Managing the project risks Managing the project schedule
? Managing the project budget
? Managing the project conflicts
? Managing the project delivery
? In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a lean project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
In performing these roles, the Project Manager will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, transversal projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
Essential Job Requirements :
• Project Planning and Management?– Starting from a deep knowledge and understanding of a project management methodology such as Prince2-Agile or PMI, define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value ; define governance/organize and lead project status and working meetings ; prepare and distribute progress reports ; coordinate resource management ; manage risks and issues ; correct deviations from plans (scope/budget/time) ; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
• Project team Management?– Assist in project team development (servant leader) while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work ; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work ; and mentoring and developing team members
• Product Owner Support?– Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
• Project team building?– promote empowerment of the project team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the project team
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices (such as PRINCE2-Agile and/or PMI) and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
• A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects but also pure business projects without IT implication (business process, new product roll-out, etc.) using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects with multi-function teams.
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
• Experience overseeing multi-function project teams including Product Owner, Developers, Business and functional Analysts and other profiles
• Ability to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
• Ability to provide leadership to project team and collaborate with internal customers
• Project Management: 8 year
• Agile, PMI, Prince2: 5 year
Very good knowledge of Dutch, French and English