This job offer is closed
|Function type:||Freelance - Vast||Location:||Brussel|
Becomes an active member of the IT infrastructure engineering team and maintain strong relationships with your peers from the operational, architect, network teams.
Take technical leadership & engineering ownership around multiple IT infrastructure components:
• Linux platforms
• Virtualization platforms
• Backup Solution
Deliver design for new solutions taking into account the technical requirements, the business requirements & the TCO aspects. Maintain procedural documentation throughout the lifecycle of the system which will be used to train the operational team.
Deliver extension / improvement design of the existing infrastructure & solutions based on latest capacity growth, delivered performance and based on future evolution forecasts
Manage the systems lifecycle (supplier roadmap evaluation, trigger new sw upgrades or system replacements)
Conduct the necessary LAB Testing for any new solution validation (new technical solution, new software validations …)
Monitor technological and supplier/market evolutions, shares best practices, lessons learned, define & document the detailed technical system architecture blueprints
Contribute & drive technological infrastructure roadmap. Contribute in the definition of technical standards (solution standards, tools and methodologies).
Conduct technical infrastructure workshops involving multiple stakeholders working in different units of the organization (IT operational, architect, network, business).
Drive automation by building the necessary framework, tooling & procedures and by stimulating the use of the recommended scripts and tools within the organization
Expert level (proven hands-on expertise) on
• OS administration: Redhat
• Software distribution using tools like Redhat satellite
• Virtualization platforms: VMware.
• Backup solution : Commvault
Good understanding of
• Containers technologies
• IaaS services: AWS, Google & Azure
Knowledge of system monitoring tools: Nagios, Netcool, Cacti.
• work autonomously with limited set of instructions
• quickly find solutions to a wide range of business and technology problems
• take technological decisions taking into account all parameters (technical, cost, organizational readiness, …)
• deliver qualitative documentation
• communicate and defend/explain solution designs towards diverse audiences within the organization
• balance your work between on long term strategic file & daily pressures
Demonstrates excellent professional mindset
• good analytical skills
• openness towards other technical areas/opinions
Familiarity with project management (planning, follow up, communication…)
Fluent in English (written and spoken).