This job offer is closed
|Function type:||Freelance - Vast||Location:||Brussel|
The Functional Analyst clearly identifies the problems that the business are experiencing and/or the business requirements and maps out possible solutions that can be developed and integrated in the enterprise production environment.
A Functional Analyst investigates costs and benefits.
Consequently the functional analyst designs the chosen solution in detail, defining exactly what it should look like, which data are involved, and which processes are supported.
During the preparation phase:
• Accompany the business analyst and client through the reflection towards a solution – propose alternative and adequate solutions in line with enterprise architecture and strategy, and considering cost/benefit.
• Ensure that the client understands and adopts enterprise rules and standards concerning architectural standards, security, …
• Work together with the architects to set up the architecture
• Close collaboration with project manager / asset manager / product owner
• Relay between the client, business analyst and involved asset teams, coordination of the involved asset teams (unified view towards the client – ensure that all involved IT parties clearly understand the client needs)
During the elaboration phase:
• Functional elaboration of the chosen solution alternative, translation of the business requirements in detailed functional requirements
• Align with involved assets on the functional responsibilities each asset will need to implement
• Application design of the solution, identifying and detailing the impacts on the different application components as specified in the architecture
• Align with the different technical teams of the asset in order to specify each of their requirements
During the construction phase:
• Follow-up of development and testing to ensure coherence between the functional specifications and the developed solution
• Provide the technical definitions of components that are supported by different teams (queues, security, integration layers, …)
• Support suppliers during the development and integration and assembly testing (I&AT)
• Analyse defects during test phase
• Support the release and deployment teams in the different environments
Once the solution is installed in production, provide 3rd line support to the operational entities and helpdesks. Analyse production incidents and coordinate their solution. Maintain the documentation accordingly.
In an agile context, preparation, elaboration and construction are sliced and combined in sprints.
Masters of equivalent by experience in computer sciences
Experience : At least 5 years of relevant experience
• Dutch, natvie or good
• French, native or good
• Sound knowledge of English
• Functional and technical knowledge of existing IT systems
• Knowledge of web application development
• Experience with database design
• Knowledge of the concerned metier(s)
• Knowledge of analysis methodology (according to enterprise standards)
• Experience with/knowledge of Oracle databases
• Prior experience in a banking environment and, more specifically, with banking channels is a plus
Soft Skills :
• Team player
• Analytical, accurate
• Focus on delivery
• Communicative, creative
• Pro-active, not afraid to show initiative
Functional and technical knowledge of existing IT systems
Knowledge of web application development
Experience with database design
Agile requirements An analyst involved in Agile projects must have the "Agile mindset" which implies:
a positive attitude and pragmatism
thirst for knowledge: Agile is about learning and adapting. Knowledge sharing is key to success.
The goal of team success: Agile is about the success of the team, no individual success or heroic behavior. It is more important for the team to succeed than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks.
There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback, resulting in continuous improvement.
Beyond the roles: Agile teams are cross-functional. All required disciplines are represented in the team (analysis, development, testing, … ). However, although team members have a primary role representing a discipline, they are expected to take on other roles and contribute to other disciplines whenever it helps towards reaching the sprint goal.