This job offer is closed
|Function type:||Freelance - Vast||Location:||Brussels|
The Senior Network Expert role (DEV function) is part of the Connectivity Services Squad within the Infrastructure and Collaboration Services Tribe. It’s primary objective is to support (L2 & L3), design and implement reliable, secure and cost efficient network solutions which supports our business requirements.
The scope of Connectivity Services Squad is the WAN connectivity between our branches, (R)HQ and the datacenters and (W)LAN connectivity at those locations, including network authentication and Remote Access.
• Support (L3) the assigned network scope
• Participate to a 24/7h on-call schedule supporting the assigned network assets.
• Understand business needs and translate them in IT solutions supporting those business needs
• Ensure developed solutions are integrated in the current network topologies
• Ensure that developed solutions are being supported by current processes and existing or new network management tools.
• Build and test low level design documents based on existing high level design and standards documents
• Implement according to existing change processes new network topologies/devices and functionality.
• Ensure standard asset management activities are timely executed for the assigned network assets
• Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience
• Can work independent and focused to deliver on time and according a fixed planning
• Organised and good presentation skills
• Fluent in English– Good knowledge of Dutch and French is an asset.
• Team player
• Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
• Good communication and influencing skills
• Good analytical and synthesis skills
• Autonomy, commitment and perseverance for attaining the stated objectives
• Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
• Flexible and accurate
• Capable to operate within a predefined process and procedure framework
• Risk conscious
• Proven 5+ year network experience in designing and supporting Cisco based routing, switching and wireless networks including various network, system and user authentication solutions (Cisco ISE and Cisco Anyconnect)
Technical experience / knowledge:
• Configure and troubleshoot Cisco routing, switching and wireless topologies and their corresponding devices.
• Build and update technical documentation and inventories
• Configure and troubleshoot Wifi networks and protocols
• Analyse and solve complex network issues
• Good knowledge of technical network monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Good knowledge of Configuration Management tools.
• Good understanding of / follow-up on service operation’s needs (SLA/KPI) for the assigned technical domain.
• Proven Cisco routing, switching and working experience
• Proven working experience in configuring and supporting Cisco Wireless networks and Remote Access
• Cisco Professional (CCNP) level routing, switching, wireless and security certifications
• French: Fluent
• Dutch: Fluent
• English: Fluent
Location: Brussels based activity